I got tagged and tagged, by Ashok and Asuph. It seemed the same tag, but there were discrepancies. Ashok’s tag didn’t specify number of random things or number of people to tag further. Asuph’s tag specified 8 for both.
Being the INTJ I am, I decided to pursue the origins of this meme, in an attempt to reconcile the discrepancies. It proved to be more difficult than I thought, since some bloggers simply linked to the blog rather than the blog post, forcing me to search through blog archives and so on. Some simply mentioned the name of the blog, without linking. I persisted.
However, my search ended in a blind alley. Ashok’s meme led to Snowbeak’s Muffler, where it isn’t clear if it is the origin of the meme or not. Asuph’s meme led to The Crescent Knitter, who said she was tagged, but didn’t specify the source. So I’m stuck with two irreconcilable tags and will choose between them - in the spirit of the tag – at random. I’ll list 8 things and tag 5 people.
- I think Leonardo Da Vinci is the greatest human being in the history of mankind.
- In school, I learnt Hindustani Classical – vocal, harmonium, and tabla. I performed in several local events, inter-school competitions, and the All India Radio. All these are distant memories now.
- I loved art films since a young age. I illegally joined an elite movie club, “Prabhat Chitra Mandal” in Mumbai when I was under-18. I am still crazy about film-making, have watched thousands of films, struggle to keep a record of all films I’ve watched in an Excel spreadsheet, and have a sizeable collection that I’ve not yet fully watched myself.
- I won the “Outstanding Individual Award” when I passed out of school in SSC (Xth grade). On the way home from the passing out ceremony, my classmates beat me up in the street. I came home crying. This was the most important lesson I learnt in school.
- I sport a beard because I’m too lazy to shave.
- I built my own telescope in my VIIth grade as I was fascinated by astronomy.
- In 1995 in Berlin, I played the tabla on a German colleague’s keyboard. He added some techno beats. I then added some flute. Some more music and our first (and last) fusion track was born.
- I think I’m a difficult person.
So there I’ve done it. Now to take it further, here are the rules:
1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
3. At the end of your post you need to tag 5 people and include their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.