Imagine not being able to:
- Study Wikipedia
- Read news sources like BBC, New York Times, Washington Post, Economist
- Reference the Internet Movie Database (IMDB)
- Use MySpace, YouTube, Digg, or Orkut
- View pictures on Flickr
- Read blogs on WordPress, LiveJournal, or Blogspot
- Access sites of Microsoft, Apple, Hotmail, AOL, Yahoo
This would be your world if you were a Chinese citizen.
We all know about the Great Firewall of China. Take a moment and really think about how we take our freedom for granted. Think about what is meant by individual rights. And if you’re living in a democracy, cherish it!
You can test if a particular site is accessible from China or not using this online testing tool. No need to check your WordPress, LiveJournal, or Blogspot blog, since they’re all banned. Thanks to Oemar, from whose blog I found this testing tool.
|Share this post :|