This award is intended for those bloggers who demonstrate an inclination to think on their own. This is what I think is needed in today’s blogosphere. The term ‘Intellectual’ has often been derided in recent times, and this is one way to resurrect the true meaning: “An intellectual is one who tries to use his or her intellect to work, study, reflect, speculate on, or ask and answer questions with regard to a variety of different ideas.” The rules are:
- If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with nominations for 5 blogs that you think are of “Intellectual Bloggers”.
- Optional: Link to this page so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
- Optional: Proudly display the ‘Intellectual Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote.
Here are the graphics you can use (choose any as per your needs):
I would encourage all awardees to nominate other bloggers who you think are ”intellectual”. Please note that this nomination is open to all blogs, except:
- Blogs maintained by a group of authors
- Bloggers who simply replicate content from other (online or offline) sources
I wish to differentiate between bloggers who simply duplicate content found elsewhere, and bloggers who aggregate. Bloggers who aggregate can nevertheless be champions in editing content and promoting their intellectual cause. The blogs getting this award from me are:
Leitmotif: Ergo does great in bringing Rand’s Objectivist theories to practical life. I can’t add anything more.
A Wide Angle View of India: Nita’s writing not only tells me all about what’s happening in the Indian scene, not only what she thinks about it and why, but also why I should be aware or concerned about it.
I thought it would be a good idea to list the all the blogs that have received this award. Please let me know through the comments if I’ve missed any updates. The ‘From’ links are to the pages where you’ll find the descriptions of the awardees.
- Not Exactly Rocket Science
- The Primate Diaries
- The Daily Doubter
- Stop and Wander
- There’s No One Driving The Plane!
- Bad Science
- The Loom (double with The Daily Doubter)
- The Evilutionary Biologist
- The Anterior Commissure
- Tetrapod Zoology
- Thoughts in a Haystack
- Greg Laden
- The Ethical Palaeontologist
From Stop and Wander:
From The Anterior Commissure: